Hall Rentals 845-629-6925
The Brewster VFW Post 672 Hall is available for rentals to the general public for parties, wedding receptions, anniversary parties, etc. You do not need to be a member. The standard hall rental is $575.00 for 4 hours. We have a large, open room (approximately 43ft x 26ft = 1,118 sq.ft.) with folding tables and chairs available for use, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Our hall is ideal for groups of 80 or less.
To check on available dates, tour the facilities, or reserve a date, call Steven at 845/629-6925. Post 672 members are able to rent the post for their own use at a discounted rate.
Below is info we have put together that answers many of questions we get asked about renting the VFW hall facility.
Rental Fee & Contract: The basic rental is $575 for four hours.
Our Fee Schedule is as follows:
a. Minimum Rental Fee of 4 hours: $575
b. Additional per Hour Rental Fee: $125
c. Returnable Security Deposit: $150
d. Gratuity—a 15% gratuity will be applied against ALL pre-paid bar tabs—In the event that
the Renter’s event calls for a cash bar (where drinks are paid for by Renter’s guests on a
drink-by-drink basis) then a $100.00 charge shall be applied to the Rental Cost.
DEPOSIT: The Renter shall provide the Owner with a copy of their Driver’s License and pay
Owner a sum of $350.00 immediately upon signing this contract. Of this amount, $200.00 is a
non-refundable deposit that will be applied against the Rental Cost. The remainder $150.00, is
RETURN OF SECURITY DEPOSIT: Upon Renter’s completion of his/her obligations the Owner shall return to Renter the security deposit .
Tables, Chairs, Supplies & the Kitchen: There are folding tables and folding chairs for your use, and they are included in the rental price. There are eight round tables (5ft diameter, seats 8), four rectangular tables (8ft long, seats 8) and a few other small tables of various sizes. We have approximately 100 folding chairs. Use of the kitchen is also included in the rental price. You may use the ovens, stovetop, pots, pans, knives and other kitchen items. We also have some hot-foodservice chafing dishes, but we do not provide Sterno canisters. We also do not provide paper goods such as napkins, plates and utensils. We do provide garbage bags for the trash bins.
GENERAL RULES: Renter agrees to the following general rules:
a. Renter will ensure that they and their invitees, guests, and associates will NOT use tape
to secure objects to the ceiling as it will damage the paint and ceiling tiles.
b. Renter will ensure that they and their invitees, guests, and associates will NOT use
glitter and/or confetti during their event.
c. Renter will ensure that any and all children who are invitees, guests, and associates of
the Renter will remain inside of the venue unless supervised by an appropriate number
of adults to play in the rear grass area only. Renter will ensure that any and all children
and/or adults who are invitees, guests, and associates of the Renter will refrain from
playing, running, and or remain in the Venue’s parking lot unnecessarily. A MINIMUM RATIO OF 1 ADULT TO 5 MINOR CHILDREN (THOSE BEING UNDER THE AGE OF 18) IS REQUIRED.
Alcohol Policy: While food, soda, juice and water can be brought in, please purchase any alcoholic beverages through the Post. We have a liquor license, so outside alcohol is prohibited by law as well as our rules. There are a few ways to arrange for alcoholic beverages:
- ALCOHOL: Renter may either:
- (1) pre-pay a bar tab for alcohol and non-alcoholic purchases made from the Venue’s Bar; or (2) Renter, their guests, invitees, and associates pay for each drink as purchased.
- The following additional rules apply:
- Any and all alcohol MUST be purchased from the Venue’s Bar. Renter, their guests, invitees, and/or associates may NOT bring any alcohol not purchased from Owner onto Owner’s premises.
- Bringing any outside alcoholic beverages onto Owner’s premises WILL result in the IMMEDIATE TERMINATION of this agreement, the IMMEDIATE CESSATION of Renter’s Event, and FORFEITURE of all fees and payments.
- The consumption of alcohol by any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years WILL result in the IMMEDIATE TERMINATION of this agreement, the IMMEDIATE CESSATION of Renter’s Event, and FORFEITURE of all fees and payments.
- Removing alcoholic beverages from the Venue premises WILL result in the IMMEDIATE TERMINATION of this agreement, the IMMEDIATE CESSATION of Renter’s Event, and FORFEITURE of all fees and payments.
Is there parking? There is a good-sized parking lot that is paved and has 42 marked spots. Do NOT allow guests to park on the grass oval near back of the building. It will damage our septic system. And for safety reasons, children are not allowed to play in the parking lot during your event.
What do I do next?: If you’d like to see the hall, you can stop by after 4pm Thursday thru Sunday. Just tell the bartender on duty that you are considering renting the hall, and would like to take a look at the space. If you decide to rent the hall, you can drop off your deposit at the Post. The Post opens at 4pm Thursday thru Sunday. The Post is closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. You can leave the deposit with the bartender. We will text or email you to confirm receipt.